Glowing, sun-kissed skin can feel like a luxury reserved for beach vacations or pricey salon visits. But what if I told you that achieving that perfect bronzed look from the comfort of your home is not only possible but can be simple and, dare I say, effortless? As a busy woman, I understand that fitting in time for self-care, let alone a trip to the tanning salon can be a challenge. That’s why mastering the art of the at-home spray tan has been a game-changer for me. Whether I’m prepping for a special event or just looking to lift my spirits with a radiant boost, I’ve got it down. Dive in as I reveal the top 5 secrets to nailing that flawless at-home spray tan and getting that coveted, year-round summer glow.
Every time I think of tanning booths, I get flashbacks of Ross counting Mississippilessly in that Friends episode. #TanFails
My favorite at-home spray tans:
Here are five easy tips on how to make the best out of your spray tan, whether you do it yourself or have a professional do it!
- Apply your favorite body scrub the day of. Be sure to have exfoliated skin for the tan to adhere to.
- No moisturizer day of, but important to be moisturized! (Make sense?!) LOL If you know in advance that you are getting a tan, make sure to keep your skin hydrated beforehand. But the day of, shower and no moisturizer.
- Speaking of shower; shave before a tan. But I have found out over the years, don’t shave DIRECTLY before a tan. You’ll end up with dots for a couple of days.
- You won’t be able to shower, get wet, or sweat for 6-8 hours afterward. Unless you do a speed tan (1-2 hours). You can sleep in the tan, it will get on your sheets. Mine always wash clean, though, with no stains.
- No deodorant or makeup on when tanning. Deodorant can make your underarms green.
Your tan should last up to a week or even a little longer if you keep your skin moisturized after the tan! Oils can remove the spray tan quicker.
Here’s my before and immediately after (not showered off yet) from this weeks at home tan! I LOVE Fake Bake products, they have always given me a bronze glow and don’t smell horrible. Here I used Fake Bake Darker. Nothing special was done, I only used the mitt they provide!