As an esthetician I know the dangers of sunbathing and tanning in the tanning bed. And while I DO it on the occasion; bc who doesn’t love laying around by the pool or on a beach, I prefer a spray tan. There are a couple different ways you can get this much safer alternative! At home, a spray tan booth or a professional who will give you a custom tan. I love the at home and the professional.
When it comes to the booth, I am forever scared after watching that one friends episode. Poor Ross.
My favorite at home spray tans:
Here are five easy tips on how to make the best out of your spray tan whether you do it yourself or have a professional do it!
- Apply your favorite body scrub, day of. Be sure to have exfoliated skin for the tan to adhere to.
- No moisturizer day of, but important to be moisturized! (Make sense?!) LOL If you know in advance that you are getting a tan, make sure to keep your skin hydrated before hand. But day of, shower and no moisturizer.
- Speaking of shower; shave before a tan. But I have found out over the years, don’t shave DIRECTLY before a tan. You’ll end up with dots for a couple days.
- You won’t be able to shower, get wet or sweat for 6-8 hours afterwards. Unless you do a speed tan (2 hours). You can sleep in the tan, it will get on your sheets. Mine always wash clean though, no stains.
- No deodorant or makeup on when tanning. Deodorant can make your underarms green.
Your tan should last up to a week or even a little longer if you keep your skin moisturized after the tan!
LOVE YOU GUYS!!
5 thoughts on “5 Easy Ways to Prep for a Spray Tan”
Thanks for sharing! I’m new to blogging, would love if you wanted to check out my site! x
I’ve always wanted to get a spray tan, but I never knew where to start or how to prep (until now). When it isn’t summer (or when my tan begins to fade), I use the St. Tropez In-Shower Gradual Tan which I love because you just rinse it off and you develop a gradual tan throughout the day (or night). Plus, it doesn’t leave my palms orange. I top that with the Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer to deepen the tan and moisturize my body.
Yes!!! Oh my gosh that Jergens Natural Glow is amazing. ❤️❤️❤️
Right! And affordableb